Monday, September 4, 2017

rose garden


INT - GOTHAM GAZETTE - DAY



MAYOR ELAIN HUSK speakes to REPORTER MAX FATE

' This is quite unusual Mayor -my editor usually speaks to me about what pieces I am to cover. Should I be honored ? Or afraid"

"Never cared much for your work Max..always found it light in the loafers..Max you know is also the name of a woman "
"Excuse me ?"
"Just trying to Glean a sense of you ..I take it you've never been involved with Neuronautics. Stance-ing is one of the first things one learns."
"Is stancing even a word mayor"
"This is exactly what I'm talking about.But let's move on.I 'd like you to expand your puffery to propping up some the new ideals the Office of Interior Intent suggest we use to deal with some of the social issues in The Narrows. When I say the word mental patient what do you see in your mind?"
"A straight jacket. Orderlies in white jackets with butterfly nets....."
'So you do understand why we need the term modernized..brought up to date . Something besides what i suppose one might call kitsch ..'

No comments:

Post a Comment