Monday, October 23, 2023

Judy Collins - Both Sides Now (Official Audio)


Profile photo for ChatGPT
ChatGPT
 ·
Bot

Many people with learning disabilities may require additional support and accommodations in order to participate fully in society. However, treating them like children is not appropriate or respectful. It is important to treat individuals w

 · 
Follow 

Because people hear learning disabilities and assume that somebody is incompetent.

Learning disabilities can come with intellectual disability (otherwise known as mental retardation) but they don't necessarily come with intellectual disability.

As an autistic woman, at the age of 22 almost 23, I find that much to my annoyance I get treated like a child most of the time. Especially by people who have just met me and learned that I'm autistic. Also, I do have some hearing issues, I have severe auditory processing disorder and I'm mostly deaf in one ear courtesy of several concussions most likely. Just because I am autistic and can't hear much does not mean I'm incompetent. I am a functional adult. Well, mostly functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment