Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Archies ~ Sugar Sugar 1969 Bubblegum Purrfection Version



INT - REGGIE GASKER ART GALLERY Lil Jamie is observed peering through the glass window by a well-dressed, prestigious-looking young art assistant named Stacy. Stacy informs Reggie, "Guess who has returned," via her Bluetooth device. Reggie responds via Bluetooth as a voice-over, "Inform him that if he does not depart, I will contact the authorities." Lil Jamie begins to rap on the glass. The camera pans the art gallery, which is filled with amateurish and often substandard artwork. We zoom in on a childlike scrawl of a young man killing people with a gun, with the name Lil Jamie as prominent as the figures in the cheap, seemingly worthless object. It should appear almost contrived, artificial. Stacy's stunning, trendy appearance appears hyper-contrary to the unsightly, sloppy "art." Lil Jamie yells through the glass, "Tell Reggie that I will notify the press about how he took me on only to represent me as a weirdo with a gun. Inform that individual that I possess a video of Jason assisting me with the painting, instructing me to make them appear more deranged to assist Congressman Ken in institutionalizing 'my type' with simply what we write or post on 8thFloor social media."

No comments:

Post a Comment